Smart Blokes offers a dressing and coaching program to help men gain employment. The aim is to increase our clients’ preparedness and confidence to face their job interview and succeed in gaining employment.
Assisting clients to find long-term employment is our goal. To do this, we will:
■ dress them in a smart outfit suitable for an interview or work
■ provide one-on-one coaching and advice on interview skill techniques
■ provide workshops to help build their personal and work-related skills
■ provide post- employment guidance
Men can be referred by job placement agencies and community support organisations, or can come to us directly if they need help. Each client will receive at least one suitable outfit. Our dressing and coaching services are located at 27 Ross Smith Avenue East, Frankston. Our services are provided free to clients though Job Active Providers may be charged a fee for service for referred clients.
Bookings are made by Jobactive providers via our online booking system. If your agency is already registered with Smart Blokes, they can make a booking using this link to our on-line booking site and follow the prompts. If you agency is not registered, they can call 0411 664 107 on Monday to Thursday to arrange for registration or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At present we offer all those who attend our dressing service a one-on-one coaching session and follow up mentoring. Very soon we will also be offering workshops to help in your job search and up skilling.
Digital Literacy classes
Learn how technology fits into your everyday life and determine what you need to know to get back into the workforce or just to enhance your understanding.
- Class sizes are small, which provides a great opportunity for everyone to learn at their own pace in a supportive environment.
- Classes are open to women and men of all ages and skill level.
- Course is run by a qualified IT Engineer with extensive experience.
- Classes are held at 27 Ross Smith Avenue East, Frankston every Friday from 9 am–1 pm, including school holidays but closed Good Friday.
- We have 10 spots available each week so book soon! Bookings is easy, just click on this link to our on-line booking site and follow the prompts.
Once our clients get a job we offer them to come back and get more suitable clothes. We then tend to offer our follow up service of a regular mentoring service.